Thursday 14 January 2016

2016 List



  Because it's a new year, I thought I would make a list of all the things inside the house I would like to get done in the next twelve months. My thinking is if I put it on paper and can scratch it off when it's completed I will have a sense of accomplishment that will make us want to do more. And yes the hated HGTV is on in the background.

  Here goes....

1. The laundry room 100% finished - it's about 95% done so this is an easy one.

2. Bathroom installed, complete with shower, in the basement.

3. Basement finished - flooring, walls, moldings and projection screen (I'm throwing that in in case John reads this. Incentive :) 

4. Hardwood installed on basement stairs and landings.

5. Walk-in closets shelved and organized - basement again

6. Work room shelved, organized and flooring.

7. Library/computer room furnished and fireplace installed.

  Okay I have to stop. The basement will take up my entire renovation budget for the year! And I could have saved time by simply writing...the basement. Think of all the extra room we would have. The kids could play there and when their friends come over they could hang out and have some privacy. Not to mention that I would never have to move cables around again to watch tv.

  Well there it is. My 2016 list. Maybe I should call it my "wish list".  Let the renos begin.

  Ang

**As I was writing this I heard the sad news that Alan Rickman died. He was my favorite in the Harry Potter films... Severus Snape was so nasty and the cold delivery was fantastic. RIP Mr. Rickman.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...