Friday 1 January 2016

2016



  We woke up this morning to a new year. 2016. Think of the possibilities! An opportunity to start over. Start fresh. Doesn't that sound great? Or does it?

  Most people end the year making promises to themselves about what they will be doing differently in the new year. I'll be kinder, a better spouse, quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more, work less....we've all said them. But do we set ourselves up to fail?

  "Experts" say it's a bad idea to start on January 1. Too much pressure. Too many eyes watching your progress. You are flying high on promises you made to yourself and others that you didn't think through or plan for. Here was me thinking we should call that a support system but I guess not.

  Are they right? If you woke up this morning with a hangover I'm sure you really mean the words "I won't ever drink again!". And since all the chocolate and chips are gone from the party of course you'll eat healthier. But what happens tomorrow? Or the next day? 

  I'm of the mind set to start whenever it works for you. Maybe you need to say "I'm quitting smoking tomorrow" in front of a crowd in order to do it. Maybe you only need to look in the mirror, in the privacy of your own room, to make you want to be a better parent. As long as you make a good faith effort I'm in your corner.

  If you start this new year off with a run, some oatmeal, no cigarettes or a brighter outlook I salute you. And if you happen to falter, or fall altogether, keep trying. You will succeed. 

  If you need to wait til Monday I've still got your back. 

  Me...well I'm going back to bed. My resolution was to sleep more. 

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...