Tuesday 12 January 2016

U Turns Snafu



  One huge expense these days is car insurance. Most people complain about the cost, especially if they have drivers under the age of 25 in the household. And they put the blame 100% on the shoulders of those young drivers. After what I saw today dropping Alex off at school, I don't believe that one bit.

  In front of Alex's school there is a drop off zone. You can pull off the four lane, undivided street, your child jumps out and off you go. Lots of schools call it a Kiss and Ride. Most of the students who are dropped off here are driven by their parents. So the crazy, reckless, idiotic driving I witnessed this morning cannot be blamed on teenagers.

  Cars, trucks and mini vans were coming out of that drop zone and doing u turns! U turns! Not one or two almost every single one of them. While I was waiting my turn, with my mouth open in disbelief, all seven cars in front of me made a u turn after their kids got out. 

  Remember I said it was four lanes. Well those two lanes coming towards us were full of cars. Parents coming to drop off their kids. Horns were blaring and people were slamming on brakes so the u turning driver didn't smash into them. Time after time after time.

  And those parents coming the opposite way were not innocent either. They were doing u turns to get into the drop zone! WTH??? A traffic cop could make their quota in one morning if they were near by.

  Happily we made it out of there untouched by another parent in a rush to get to work. No bumpers damaged or worse. I did notice also that most of the drivers had coffees in one hand and a cell phone in the other. Hmmm that's interesting.

  I can't even tell you what Riley's parking lot was like. It's always scary. No wonder there is baileys in my coffee.

  Ang


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...