Monday 4 January 2016

Random Thoughts



  Today Riley turns 9! I can't believe it. 9! Where have the years gone? He is funny, charismatic, talkative, smart, kind, talkative, inquisitive and talkative. He wants to have Chinese food for dinner and Boston Pizza and shawarma. Maybe he will make his mind up at school. 

  Yes today is back to school!!!! I couldn't be happier. Three weeks of togetherness is too much. Way too much. Alex isn't happy but he has at least nine years of school to go so he better get over it. Riley, on the other hand, couldn't be more excited. Hanging out with his friends and learning new things makes him a happy boy. He's not as happy as I am though!

  It's cold today. Very cold. The first real winter day we have had. -27 Celsius to be exact. That's -16.6 in Fahrenheit. Truthfully though I didn't need to convert it for you. Minus anything is cold. And if it starts with a two then it's very cold no matter how you measure it. Frostbite warnings have been issued. Only two weeks ago we were in the Caribbean enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Ughh.

  I'm not going to lie. I'm not a winter person. Give me sun and sand any day over cold and snow. Warm breezes and year round grass suits me just fine. Snow and cold makes me want to curl up under a blanket til May rolls around. Oh yeah it also makes me go to travel websites and book vacations I can't afford!

  As I sit here this morning, drinking coffee and listening to the quiet, I'm struck by two things. First my clean house has disappeared. Really disappeared. I should probably do something about that. Second I need to go out today. In this cold. I can't put it off.

  I don't like either one of those thoughts. What was the name of that travel site again??

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...