Saturday 30 January 2016

What's Under The Bed?


   Today we went mattress shopping. It's been a long time. Too long according to Alex, who is the recipient of the new bed. Every store has sales on. You can spend a small fortune if you want. Trying to stay somewhere in the middle seemed prudent. 

  Alex's mattress has been around for a long time. I think we bought it in (gulp) the 1990's. It was always in the "spare" bedroom so it didn't get much use til he started with it nine years ago. But if my memory is right it was pretty cheap even then. I think we needed to fill the room before the "for sale" sign went up.

  When we walk into the store Alex heads immediately to the most expensive mattress in the store, calmly lays down and says this is the one. Unless he gets a waterbed. Apparently he never got the memo.

  It takes no time to find one he likes with a price tag I'm comfortable with. John is making him a new bed so we are keeping the old box spring til it's done. Between you and me I'm not sure that is the smartest of ideas. I'm pretty sure it would be made faster if the mattress was on the floor. But I'm crossing all fingers and toes that he proves me wrong.

  Delivery is on Tuesday. That gives Alex two full days to rearrange things in his room. Makes some changes if he wants to. Plenty of time. Maybe. Probably not.

  I wonder what we will find living under the bed?

  Ang



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...