Saturday 23 January 2016

Book/Wine Club



  Last night at my "book club".....these women are still in denial that we aren't a wine club but I digress....we were laughing, complaining, laughing, bitching and drinking as we always do. Did I mention laughing? We do a lot of that. 

  They were asking me why I haven't written about our nights before. So today I'm going to give you a little snippet of the conversations we have on any given Friday night. Let me warn you there is no rhyme or reason to our conversations. We are never sure how they get started or how they end up where they do.

  We leaned that it's cold when you live on a mountain top in Africa. And if your maid says she took your cashmere sweater, the only warm item of clothing you brought with you from frigid Canada, out to be dry cleaned.... she really stole it.

  $8000.00 was the cost of one of our wedding dresses. Another paid $99 right off the rack. One had her wedding earrings stolen by her maid in Africa.

  The " good catholic girl" , who couldn't read 50 Shades of Grey, watched the movie....FYI it was illegally downloaded. Go figure.

  Our kids are all crazy. And we all scream at them to do their homework. We all agreed we scream because we don't want them living in our basements! 

  We were split about Star Wars. And Jar Jar. Two of us confessed we like to sleep in movie theaters. 

  So there you have it. An average night at my wine club. A few hours to kick our shoes off, have a few drinks and laugh til we are crying. We should do it more often.

  Oh and one more thing we learned...we like it best when Deb can make it too.

  Ang


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...