Monday 25 April 2016

Peace and Quiet


  Can you hear that? No? Well that's because it's quiet. Absolute peace and quiet. This house is never silent when there is more than me here. We are in a constant state of noise.

  Someone always has You Tube on. The television never seems to get turned off. And with a family of four, the washer and dryer never turns off. Never. Ever.

  This morning I'm enjoying my coffee listening to the uninterrupted quiet....except for the ticking of the keyboard. Knowing full well the dishwasher will be on in a few minutes. I'm going to turn on the weather to see whether I should wear shorts or not. Goodbye quiet.

  Once the family is together the volume goes through the roof. Or more honestly, the windows.  I can't imagine what the neighbors must hear. The kids yell to us and at each other. We yell back to them and to each other. Agggghhhh it's too much.

  Enjoy the quiet whenever and wherever you can get it. Me I'm enjoying it now. 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...