Monday 11 April 2016

Singing the Cell Phone Blues


  We are an Apple family. The iPad, iPod's, and iPhone's are all joined together. I can see what the kids are up to without them knowing I am watching. The security is fantastic. Not to mention the games. However......

  The down side of being an Apple snob is the price. It's not cheap. And they come out with new models on a yearly basis. Which makes us want to upgrade constantly. And the gadgets. I'm in awe and scared at the same time when I step into an Apple Store.

  Yesterday I decided to get Alex a cell phone. And of course I wanted an iPhone. We checked Rogers and Bell. There was very little difference in price. A few dollars. Rogers made us a better offer since we are Bell customers, trying to get us to switch.

  I was having sticker shock though when I realized we would be paying almost $250 a month for three phones. That's crazy! That's with us all sharing 500MB of data. And Alex only being able to call locally.

  Maybe I am out of the loop. The people working at both places seemed shocked when I said it was crazy. But they were both in their early 20's so they are only paying for one phone not three. They might even still be on their parents plan for all I know.

  The sad reality is if I want to be able to get in touch with him I need to shut up and pay the bill. Period. 

  Which is exactly what I will do.

  Ang



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...