Saturday 17 October 2015

Morning



  Exactly one month ago I decided to heed my hubby's advice and start this blog. He was right, I am enjoying it. I thought it would be hard to come up with something new every day or so but life throws stuff at us at an alarming rate. Like this morning.....

  I'm sleeping. It was a late night. Two o'clock before my head hits the pillow. I was enjoying a dreamless sleep when I hear, very loudly, "Mommy! Time to get up!" It is 8:02. Saturday morning. How did my dream turn into a nightmare so fast? 

  Stumbling down stairs, I head towards the coffee maker. John is following behind me talking about protein pancakes...FYI they look disgusting but he swears they taste good. My favorite cup is clean. There is cream in the fridge. Even after a rough start things are looking positive. I can smell something wonderful when I look out the window and see......SNOW. Little tiny ice pellets that turn to white. I can see it coming down. White. Snow. Ugh.

  It's only mid-October. Way too early for anything resembling snow flurries. In seconds it's over. The sky starts to clear. And the sun comes out. Maybe it was part of my dream. Nope. For a few brief seconds, the ground has the unmistakable look of a light dusting of snow. 

  The day has turned out beautiful. Sunny and clear. But this morning we got a small hint of what we have in store in the very near future. Sooner than I care to think, the white flakes falling from the sky will hit the ground and stay. Our lives will become part of a winter wonderland. Whether we are ready for it or not. That makes me a little ill.

  Poor Alex is camping this weekend. Fingers crossed it was warmer there this morning, without any of the white stuff. Probably not. He's young. He will handle it much better than his mom.

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...