Friday 30 October 2015

Stranded...sort of



  I've spent the entire week without a car during the day. A "new world" problem I'm sure but still...an entire five days. My house is clean and the laundry is done but come on, enough already. I'm not sure I would have done anything but I like having the option.

  We have two cars...and have for years. I'm not sure we could go back. Too many after school activities and I'm much too disorganized to get everything done in the evenings. So when one isn't working I definitely feel it. 

  I'm not against the bus. But anyone who has schlepped their groceries home on public transit knows that isn't ideal. Plus timing is everything. And daytime scheduling doesn't always work for what I want to do.

  Curiously though, I've wanted to go to the mall all week. I'm not a big shopper and rarely go to the mall. Yet my brain has been saying, for five days now, that that's where I need to be. Strange. Tomorrow when I have access to my car again I wonder if I will want to go? I'm thinking probably not.

  But I did notice one huge positive to being car-less all week. My bank account has barely been touched all week! I guess I spend more money then I thought every time I leave the house. Maybe I need to stay home more often.

  Don't tell John though....he might take another week to fix the van!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...