Monday 12 October 2015

Turkey Fatigue



  Our family is suffering today. We have turkey fatigue. It's a real thing. Happens about twice a year. I think it's because we don't have turkey often that we over indulge on the holidays. Of course the mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and cranberries are also contributing factors. And we won't mention the pies, cakes or appetizers that go hand in hand with entertaining.

  This year we had two turkey dinners. Both times we ate too much. Both times we drank too much. Are you seeing a trend? Are you part of the trend? But the turkey stops here because....we didn't cook one!  There will be no hot sandwiches or soups made. No reheating of vegetables. Some how it seems wrong.

  Don't get me wrong...I loved going to friends and family for the holidays. The fact that I'm not still doing dishes is great. I didn't have to cook or make my house spotless for guests. The only down fall is the lack of leftovers. Or more to the point, I will have to cook today.

  This morning on Facebook I saw a cartoon that is very fitting for most of us....remember to turn back your scale ten pounds this weekend. Perfect. I think that's what I'll do.

  Ang

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...