Thursday 8 October 2015

Some Days



  There is no harder job than being a parent. None. Not even close. Every day is a new challenge just waiting to break you. Some days are harder than others. Some kids are harder than others. It's no wonder we drink...I say we but mean me.

  For those of you who don't have children let me explain. Remember, this is in very simplistic terms because I can't put it into the phrases I would like...no one can. Imagine walking on a beautiful sandy beach. A soft breeze blowing your hair. Warm waves splashing your toes. Then out of no where a bus comes and throws the sand in your hair while soaking you with wet seaweed and running over your legs. Then as you are picking yourself up and cleaning yourself off, the sun comes out again. This is parenthood.

  My wonderful eight year old is just that, wonderful. Til he's not. Lately he's been not, most of the time. When he is at home that is. At school, piano lessons and Scouts he is funny, smart and kind. Always willing to help. The poster child for happy, well mannered children everywhere. Then he walks through this front door and out comes Mr. Hyde.

  I know it's a phase. We've been down this road before with our older son. I'm sure all kids go through it.  But it's a tough phase and lasting way too long. Maybe more sleep will help. Less activities. More activities. Less video games. More fresh air. Who knows. All I know is there is no set answer.

  You know I love my kids. I really do. I can't say I always like their behavior...or attitude....but my love never waivers. So if you see me in the near future and I'm a little bit tipsy at ten in the morning, you now know why.

  Ang

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...