Saturday 3 October 2015



  What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off your debts? Obviously. Buy a nicer/bigger/better or first home? A sports car maybe? Vacation? Yes with first class tickets thank you very much.

  We all dream of winning the lottery. Even though we know our chances are extremely low, we keep shelling out money week after week. Fingers crossed that this will be our lucky draw. The odds are scary... 1 in 14 million for the national Lotto 649 and 1 in 28.6 million for Lotto Max according to one site I checked. Not great but for $5 well....

  The site also says that if you know anyone who has won the lottery jackpot your odds are worse.  I know two winners so I guess I'm really wasting my cash. But again it's only five dollars so..... 

  This weekend a little town in Nova Scotia is going to make someone very happy with a Chase the Ace jackpot that is well over a million dollars! As a fundraiser for the community it has been a massive success and for the consolation winners....some of whom walked away with one or two hundred thousand dollars! You read that right. They didn't get the ace and their share was that high! Craziness.

   When my aunt said she would buy any of us out-of-towners tickets I jumped at the chance. These are much better odds than the big lotteries. Even splitting any winnings with her 50/50, for a twenty dollar buy in I'm way ahead of the game. Now all I have to do is win.

  So as I sit here tonight waiting for her phone call...positive thinking can't hurt...I can dream a little about how we would spend our windfall. Besides the obvious, John and I always said if we won the lotto we would stay at the Royal Suite in the Banff Springs Hotel. I wonder if they have babysitting ?

  Ang

  

  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't win Chase the Ace. I know the lady who did and if it's any consolation, she is really deserving of it. ;) Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...