Friday 2 October 2015



  I was talking to a friend today about Christmas. Relax I'm not getting "ready" for it just chatting about "getting ready" for it. She's already got a few things bought and I jokingly said I was waiting for the extra money to start buying things. Extra money. Does that exist?

  How much money would you need to have before you had "extra"? In my world someone always needs new shoes, pants, a snow suit or jacket. Every month someone needs a haircut or worse yet my grey needs to be covered. Groceries, cable, gas and hydro pretty much insure there is just enough left over to cover the on-going "I need money for school" conversation that happens every week.

  Of course we have all the child expenses that keep them busy and us driving around like crazy people. Piano lessons aren't cheap. Neither is volleyball and I'm not even bringing up hockey because what is the use? At least our tutor is cheap....ish.

  Don't get me wrong. Like everyone else, and our parents before us, we will figure it out and the money will come from somewhere. It always does. But I'm going to keep looking for that "extra" cash just in case. I saw a money tree at Home Depot this summer. Maybe I need to buy a couple of those.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...