Wednesday 7 October 2015

My Banking Rant



  It is with great sadness that I pass on the news to you that customer service has died. Not everywhere I'm sure just most places I seem to go to.

  Take my local grocery. Prices have increased so much since January I can't even keep track.  When you get to the check out...don't go too early or too late because there will not be a cashier only self-serve...they do not help you pack. Doesn't matter if you bought five items or five hundred, you are on your own. To be fair the last time I was there the young cashier did ask the elderly couple behind me if they wanted help packing. But that is rare.

  Today I went to the bank. Now I never go inside. Everything I need to do can be done either on line or at the ATM. But today I needed to speak to a teller. I'm the third person in line. Two men come in behind me. Five people waiting. Two tellers. A man walks in just as one of the tellers is free and he walks right up to her counter. This is the business aisle apparently. He is chatting, they obviously know each other, and she is doing bank stuff. My line still hasn't moved. He puts all paperwork away and proceeds to tell her about his new neighbour who is a lawyer....he's talking very loudly, honest I wasn't eavesdropping.

  Finally my line moves. I'm next. Some employee comes and tells me there is nothing I can't do at the instant teller. I explain what exactly I'm there for, I must admit I sounded pretty peeved even to my own ears, and that I must see a teller. He ushers me over to the desk and proceeds to do my business. When I voice my frustration about the chatty man he tells me he is a business customer. Does that make him more important I ask. We have a business line because business owners are well, busy, he explains to me. Apparently I am not. Or the five or six people who came in after me.

  I'm not asking for the world. Really I'm not . I want to be treated fairly when I use a business. If mine isn't as important as someone else's let me know and I will gladly go else where. It's a big city. I have other choices. But if you treat me as if you are doing me a favour while you do your job then I will tell everyone who will listen not to use your company. Like now.

  Ang


  
  

1 comment:

  1. Sigh! Really hate the banks, they treat you like you're nothing, yet its our money that keeps them in business.

    ReplyDelete

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...