Tuesday 20 October 2015

Finally



  Woohoo it's finally over! No matter what your politics, I think we can all agree it was waaaaaaay too long. That's right the Canadian Federal election is history. Seventy eight days. The longest campaign since 1872. Fingers crossed we don't ever see that again.

  This morning we woke up to a country that had made a huge statement . As a people, we were ready for change. Good or bad, only time will tell. But change we will get. The entire country shocked the hell out of themselves. Ridings, that have historically been one party strongholds, have crossed the great divide. Fingers crossed they don't regret it.

  Today PM-designate Justin Trudeau is, or he should be, hard at work. With a majority government, he must now start looking at who will be his "right hands" in the assorted departments. Between you and I, I hope he had started this weeks ago. Big decisions will have to be made and quickly. And I don't mean what color to paint the kids rooms at 24 Sussex Drive.

  On a personal note I'm happy that some long term MP's will be job hunting. Sometimes you can be in a job too long. New faces and fresh ideas seem to be on the menu and I like it. My MP has been in since 2006 and honestly I think it's enough. He lost his seat last night and while I'm not saying he hasn't done some things for our area, I'm ready for some new blood. Even if it had been another Conservative I would be saying the same thing. Life is all about change.

  One interesting thing I noticed was the amount of women MP's. Eighty eight in total. That is up eleven since the previous election.That's great news no matter which party they belong to. Women seem to be better able to get things done...just my own biased opinion there. It will be interesting to see where the new PM puts some of these ladies in regards to portfolios. A female Finance Minister perhaps? What about Foreign Affairs? I know National Defence! We will have to see.

  Keep in mind not everyone is happy this morning. Some promises are going to hurt lots of people. Just as some will help. Trying to look at the big picture is supposed to help but we all look at what affects us first. The entire population will not be happy. Such is the business of politics. But I'm hoping that everyone will get a little something they can use and live with what they don't. 

  Now that it's over, we can finally get some normalacy back. We will wait and see if the "change" is all we were promised. No more ads. No more escalators. Seriously....I hated that.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...