Thursday 8 October 2015

Customer Service Resuscitation



  Just a little follow up to last night's entry on customer service. After a very long and painful day cleaning out my son's wasteland of a room, I decided take out was on the menu for tonight.  I spent the afternoon going through dried up play dough, cars with no wheels and the occasional cheese string wrapper so there was no way I was cooking.

  After a quick vote....ok John and I decided we are the adults after all .....shawarma won by a landslide. Healthy, fast and a good price. Grabbing my purse, I hop in the car and in five minutes I'm ready to order. This is a mom and pop place...even though it's their son who owns it. Almost every single person who serves you is related.

  As soon as you walk in the door someone says hi. It's a small thing but it matters. You've been acknowledged. I order our food and the server is fast, friendly and very efficient....even when I mess up she doesn't change her demeanor at all. Then she moves on to the next customer. Same smile. Same patience. I'm in and out in under ten minutes including waiting in line. As fast as a drive through. 

  So maybe I was a little hasty last night. Maybe customer service isn't dead. It might just be in hiding some times. But not at Shawarma Chef in Orleans. It's alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...