Monday 26 October 2015

Is It Grey in Here?



  I'm not sure how or when it happened but my grey hair has come back with a vengeance! It seems like only eight short weeks ago, I spent a crazy-ass amount of money getting rid of the damn stuff. Now there is more than ever. Where did it all come from???

  We all deal with the signs of aging differently. Botox is a favorite of some, as are face lifts. The ever popular eyelid lift is known to give you that " I just woke up surprised" look. I'm not a fan of needles so while I like the idea of looking refreshed, I'm not sure it's in the cards for me. However....

  Hair is different. It grows back pretty quickly so you really only have to suffer through a few weeks of a bad haircut or a color gone wrong. You can hide it under your hat or wear a wig and no one would ever know what the fuss was about.  We've all realized too late that the beautiful cut or color in the magazine wasn't meant for us.

  Grey however is irritating. Those strands of hair think. They know which side you part on and grow thickest there. They are aware that you wear a pony tail and add a silvery tint to the sides. And they don't stay hidden for long. In fact they go out of their way to not hold any color at all. I mean it, they are super intelligent.

  I know many women who look amazing with grey, silver or white hair. I'm not one of them. I look old. Before my time old. It accentuates every fine line on my face and the not so fine too. They make me hunch over a bit too, adding to the impression of elderlyness....I know that's not a word but it seems to fit so I've made it up.

  My stylist appointments are getting closer and closer together. I'm sure I've paid for a year of private school for her child. Still there is one thing that makes this just a little bit easier....my best friend has just as much, or more, than me!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...