Thursday 1 October 2015


  Happy October everyone!  What a great month this is going to be. I can feel it. The cooler air is coming and bringing prosperity and good health for all. My coffee must be kicking in, I'm sounding like Molly Sunshine here.

  This morning we over slept. Not much but we weren't able to make the school bus. We are lucky to be a two car family so it's no biggy driving Alex to school. Til we get to school.

  Why is it that school parking lots make even the best drivers in the world look like contestants on Canada's Worst Driver? It's as if in our attempt to get the kids to school on time we forget the basic rules of the road. Yes sometimes even  I must be included on that list.

  Picture it. Cars double parked. Triple parked. Cutting out in front of other cars. Parking behind another car without leaving any room for the other to get out. Parents getting out and helping their child out of the car....it's high school they should be able to get out themselves! 

  When I leave there I have to go to the elementary school my youngest goes to. Their parking lot is worse! You can drive into a spot and within ten seconds someone will park behind you blocking you in. Of course that driver will always see someone they know and proceed to chat while you fume in your car blowing the horn. Then you look like the crazy person.  It happened to a friend of mine...honest a friend. Really.

  This week marks the end of the driving to school for me. Riley starts busing on Monday so I will not have to contend with this aggravation so early in the morning. Except when we over sleep. Now where is the alarm app on my phone.....

  Ang



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...