Wednesday 25 November 2015

Daybreak



  Up this morning ridiculously early. Ridiculously early. There is only decaf coffee left. The snow from yesterday is still on the ground and it's cold out. Not the best way to start the day.

  But as I sit here listening to the coffee maker, with the Christmas tree sparkling in the background, and all the assorted decorations waiting to go up piled on tables and floors, I can see it's going to be a great day. That's the power of positive thinking.

  John has just finished scraping the frost off the car. He's late leaving for work...not my fault honest. Every day his alarm goes off at five. Alex's just did. Time for the house to start coming alive. Soon the shower will be running and the yells down the stairs will begin. Where's my _____? Insert whatever piece of clothing, school work or electronic item you wish. Chances are I'll hear most of them.

  I've now been up for an hour and a half. My coffee is done. Riley has made his way down stairs but Alex hasn't made it to the shower yet. There is no milk but since there is no cereal that's not really an issue this morning. The weather channel is on mute in the background. Heat is coming out of the registers and there is enough bread for lunches.

  I was right. It is going to be a great day.  Boy I'm very Molly Sunshine for 6:00am! Maybe it wasn't decaf....


  Ang
  

1 comment:

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...