Monday 16 November 2015

Inner Strength...and Coffee



  Monday morning and my head is feeling a little less cluttered and over whelmed. A cup of coffee and a little sunshine hit the mark. I feel like I can conquer the world.....ok that's the caffeine talking I really can't.

  I had a conversation this morning with a friend who is going through a particularly hard time at the moment. Her life has had more than it's share of sadness and pain. People in her life disappoint and hurt her more often than they should. There doesn't seem to be an end to it. And yet.....

  She is one of the strongest people I know. If you told her that, she would laugh it off and make some excuse as to why she isn't.  No matter what happens, she has the enviable ability to get up, brush herself off and begin life over again. Never losing that optimism that there is happiness waiting just around the corner.

  Every disappointment, every setback makes her more determined to live her life in happiness. The fact that it's taking longer doesn't deter her. That is inner strength. We should all be so lucky.

  So this morning, as I drink my coffee, I'm thinking of my friend and her journey. It's never been smooth sailing but she really does have strong sails. She'll get there. I'd bet money on it!

  Ang

1 comment:

  1. Your friendship gives me strength and I am very thankful to have your in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...