Sunday 29 November 2015

Frugal vs Cheap



  As I get older I become cheaper and cheaper. Maybe frugal is a better word. But cheap might be more accurate. Especially this time of year.

  All of our family lives far from us. Like can't come to Sunday dinner far. Part of my Christmas shopping "budget" is shipping. And it takes up quite a bit of the budget. So far I have shipped out three packages with a grand total of $68 in shipping. Considering there might have been $250 worth of presents sent that's almost 30% spent on mailing them out. That's too high a ratio. And there are two more packages to go!

  If you see me in the store looking at something and it looks like I'm trying to figure out how much it weighs it's because I am. Another thing I'm thinking is how small can I make this. Seriously it's a concern.

  The presents for my in-laws went in two separate parcels. Not because I didn't have a box big enough but because it made it cheaper. Less wasted space inside the box costing more money. 

  Tomorrow I'm getting the last two packages ready to ship. The gifts are just about ready. Nothing weighs much. Nothing is long or bulky. Nothing is breakable. I can squish and bend everything into the smallest boxes possible. No one will mind.

  Next year I will be more organized and order everything on line and gift wrapped. Then use the companies free shipping to send it to the recipients. I say this every year after I'm finished. But this time I mean it.

  And don't get me started on Christmas cards!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...