Friday 20 November 2015

Boxes, boxes and more boxes


  Oh the joy of a PD day. Today was supposed to be productive. Riley, who is eight, and I were supposed to clean out the living room and start the tedious job of hauling all the Christmas boxes upstairs. Of course that never happened. No progress today. A lot of whining...not all from Riley I might add. And it's only going to get worse.

  Tonight we are supposed to put up the Christmas tree. I say supposed to because with both kids in the house, for oh approximately three minutes now, they have argued at least six times. Over the most foolish things imaginable. It's not very "festive" right now. If I hear Joy to the World at this moment I may have to hurt someone.

  In all my wisdom I thought let's diffuse the situation. Let's go see The Hunger Games. Well I made the huge mistake of saying it out loud. Only one child can go. And he really wants to go. The other is now whining nonstop about the tree going up. As they square off over what should/could/will happen I change my mind...as is my right as a parent to do. The entire house erupts. Way to go Mom.

  If I was to find a positive for today it would be the packages I finally got to Canada Post. Boy what a shocker that was. Let's say that those who haven't received anything yet...your gifts just got significantly cheaper. Or non-existent!

  It's only 3:15. Many, many hours before sleep. I feel exhausted already and I haven't carried one box up one flight of stairs. Maybe John will come home and without even being asked, will transport every box, including the tree, to the living room. Where miraculously every thing will be neat and tidy. Then while I'm not looking one, or two, of Santa's elves will decorate the entire first floor.

  It could happen....don't burst my bubble.

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...