Monday 30 November 2015

What a Difference a Year Makes



  I'm sure most of you reading this have a Facebook account...check out my page Life As I See It. That's enough self-promotion for one day. Moving on.

  One of the newer things they have come out with is On This Day. They take everything you posted on this day, from every year you've been on Facebook, and you can see your memories. It's great. We are all so busy but for a few minutes you can see where and what you were up to last year or five years ago.
What a great idea!

  So last year at this time we were on a Disney cruise to the Caribbean. I posted a photo of my morning view which consisted of the ship's funnels and Riley in the pool. I sighed when I saw this because it's very cold this morning and I would love to be back there. We had so much fun and the Fantasy was decorated beautifully for the holidays.

  Two years ago the boys had just completed their first track meet. Riley came in first in three events and second in the other two! Did I mention there were only two kids in his age group? Alex had stiffer competition and broke his personal bests which made him very happy. Afterwards we went to the Parade of Lights. Just like we did this past weekend.

  Six years ago I was potty training Riley. Apparently it was a successful day. Reading that, I laughed out loud. He was very easy to train and would sit there for hours reading if I let him. To see him now it's hard to believe I ever had to teach him anything. My Mr. Independent.

  Every morning I spend a few minutes thinking about the past. Normally all my posts are pretty happy. Either way it gives me an excuse to stop and realize how much we have changed as a family or how lucky we have been to be able to travel as we have.

  Boy I really do wish I was with Mickey this morning.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...