Sunday 8 November 2015

The Good Book



  Homework has always been an issue in our house. Both kids. Waiting til the last possible second has been the norm. Late Sunday evening, pencils flying across the page, getting that "forgotten" math page finished. But oh the times they are a-changing.

  Organization. Organization. Organization. I have been drilling that into the brain of my 12 year old since he first started kindergarten. It never sank in. His tutor has used that word so often Alex rolls his eyes when he knows it's coming. It never sank in. But let one high school teacher say it and boom it's in. And not just kicking around in there but actually being put to use. Eureka!

  How can I be so sure it sunk in? The proof is right in front of my eyes. A book report....not due for two weeks...is almost done. The first draft anyway. Spelling has been checked. Grammar has been looked at repeatedly, with corrections made. I'm speechless.

  This is such a huge deal. Huge. With three more due in January, I have hope that this entire process won't involve yelling, screaming and crying...on my end anyway. In fact...and I'm bragging a little here....he's already started reading the next book! You cannot imagine how amazing this is for Alex. 

  So while Alex writes a report on Katniss and Peeta. his brain is becoming filled with tales of Ponyboy, Sodapop and Johnny. This from a boy who has never read just for enjoyment. Again the joy is over whelming. Fingers crossed he continues.

  I'm writing this quickly today. I don't want to tie up the laptop in case he feels the urge to work on his report. That's a problem I never thought I would have.

  Ang

I wanted to add two quick things....Ponyboy, Soda and Johnny are from the Outsiders in case you were wondering. And two...a big shout out to the readers in Russia! Yes Russia. I'm glad you keep coming back. Feel free to comment so I know who you are :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...