Sunday 1 November 2015

Ho Ho Ho



  Halloween is over! The little ghosts, goblins and minions have eaten enough candy to make them intolerable. Parents have walked the neighborhood and spoken to people they haven't seen since last year. Now it's time to move on to......drum roll please.....Christmas.

  Don't hate me because I love starting the holiday celebrating early. For me the early decorating and shopping means that I get to sit back and enjoy when the actual season rolls around. I'm not running to the mall looking for presents or ribbon. I'm at home with friends and family enjoying both their company and my festive tree. It works very well for us.

  I drink my morning coffee in the glow of my tree while the boys are still sleeping. As we have dinner in the dining room the decorations add to the enjoyment of the meal...for me at least I don't think anyone else really appreciates it. The entire house seems prettier and happier.

  Now I'm not saying the tree is going up tomorrow...but in the next few weeks. I will start tomorrow taking out a few things and finding the perfect spot for them. I will make a list of gifts and find the Christmas cards. Little things everyday til it's done. 

  Maybe, just maybe though, I'll get John to get started on the outside lights...before the snow comes and it gets really cold. That's not crazy, just prudent. But we will leave the wreath inside for now.

  Maybe :)

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...