Tuesday 3 November 2015

Impossible



   What do you buy for the person who has everything? Those people who do not want and or need anything. Women and men who do not want to see another knick knack, photo frame or Keep Calm mug. I'm open to all suggestions.

  To make things even more difficult, imagine you have to ship it to them. Keeping in mind that a letter costs almost a dollar within Canada. So the gift must be small and weigh as little as possible.

  I know the obvious answer is gift cards. But imagine they don't like to eat out, go to the movies or for coffee. They aren't fans of the dollar store or Walmart. Trust me if those were options I'd be writing about something different entirely.

  This is my yearly dilemma. It never gets any easier. I spend weeks racking my brain. Then I end up buying the same soaps, creams and socks that I've bought in desperation for the previous ten years. But not this year......

  Christmas 2015 will be different. How you ask? Home made gifts. Gifts that come from the heart and hands of....wait for it....grandchildren. What self respecting grandparent wouldn't ooh and ahh over a crayoned stick figure, drawn and framed by their eight year old grandson? Or a coffee mug that was painted in the 30 seconds we could get the twelve year old away from his video game? Who I ask you? Who?

  Problem solved.....now on to world peace.

  Ang

   

  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...