Thursday 19 November 2015

Postage Wars



  Yesterday I mailed a Christmas gift to the other side of the city....a little something in a tiny box for a Secret Santa thing. Inside the box was a $15 present. The box and gift weighed next to nothing. The cost to ship it? With tax, just over $9! Ottawa is not that big a city!

  Today I have two more boxes to ship. Will I have to miss a mortgage payment to send them I wonder? And a Christmas card going to Poland costs just under three dollars.....if it fits through the slot. And it has no embellishments on it. 

  Let me say that I do appreciate the clerk telling me a few "tricks" on how to decrease the cost of shipping presents. I have, in previous years, ordered from companies who will wrap the gift and ship it for free....to the recipients house. My only dislike of that is each gift arrives individually. I think I'm getting over that very quickly!

  This yearly increase in shipping costs really has changed my gift giving methods. As I buy your gift I'm calculating the estimated cost of shipping it to you. I've put several gifts back already because the delivery will be pricier than the gift! Last year we sent my friend in Nova Scotia a little minion doll....she loves those emojis and Riley loves sending them to her! The doll cost under five dollars. It was over ten to send it. Craziness but we did it anyways. Maybe that is what Canada Post is betting on.

   Well I'm off to the post office. If you don't see a post from me in the next week or so don't worry. I'm fine. I just had to sell my laptop to pay for postage.

  Ang

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...