Wednesday 4 November 2015

My Secret No More



  Hi my name is Angela and I am an addict. The proper response for you here, I believe is, "Hello Angela". Accepting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery. Well I'm taking it here and now. I feel freer...is that even a word?... already.

  What is my addiction? It's not illegal. Not drugs, alcohol or playing the ponies. There is no twelve step program to help me recover. In fact I don't want to recover. But I've kept it a secret long enough.

  I'm addicted to British TV shows. There I said it. What a weight off my shoulders. I feel lighter already.

  My evenings are spent happily watching Father Brown, Sherlock or Downton Abbey. Coronation Street has been my go to show for my entire adult life. I've watched Inspector Morse, Broadchurch and The Fall. Don't forget Mr. Selfridge. I loved that one. Soon I'm starting Luther and Call The Midwife. I just can't seem to get enough.

  And I don't limit myself to just tv shows. Not me. I'm an equal opportunity   addict. Bring on the movies. Pride and Prejudice, Imitation Games and even Anna Karenina. Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter go without saying.

  Give me Maggie Smith, Judi Dench and Martin Freeman. Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and the fabulous Benedict Cumberbatch.  Have an english accent? I'll watch your movie. 

  Well I feel very relieved sharing this with you. Now I'm off to bed...after just one episode of Father Brown. Oh well not cured yet.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...